Advanced System Center Operations Manager 2019
This three day course is created and run by Kåre Rude Andersen, MCT and active member of the System Center Alliance Team.
It´s intended for Enterprise Systems Engineers, Administrators, System Integrators and Management Pack Developers who need to implement Multi Layered Service Monitoring using System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
This training is continuously updated to cover the latest release of the product, as well to include new tools and SDK’s.
IT-pros, Enterprise Systems Engineers, Administrators, System Integrators and Management Pack Developers
•Be able to create Management Packs with different tools depending on the task
•Learn how to implement Multi Layered Service Monitoring using System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
•Learn how to detect bottlenecks and keep a fast SCOM environment
Knowledge with Microsoft Azure is not mandatory but would be a benefit.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Experience with Windows Server
• Good understanding of Windows infrastructure, like DNS, DHCP and AD
• Understanding of Network communication
• Understanding of Operations Manager corresponding to the training Mastering Operations Manager or good working knowledge of SCOM.
Course content: Advanced System Center Operations Manager 2019
• Describe and understand the logical architecture of an SCOM infrastructure
• Monitoring Linux/UNIX with FluentD
• Implement and configure integration with Azure
• Configuring a distributed High Available SCOM installation
• Defining resource pools
• Defining and using different tools to Create Management Packs
• Going through all Monitoring objects with real world samples, Rules, Monitors and Self Tuning Thresholds
• Articulate the functions of the components and services in the System Center suite and Working with SCOM in conjunction with other System Center products
• Deciding the best Authoring solution and using the correct type of monitoringobject
• Digging into the SCOM Databases using the aggregated tables for reporting.
• Troubleshooting issues with SCOM components and Agent Monitoring
• Find the Performance Bottlenecks in your implementation
• Creating and using your own XML connector to communicate with external Helpdesk systems
• Using Powershell to create scripts and get information about the SCOM environment
• Monitoring your Network and Create your own Network Monitoring Management Packs.
• Using Visual Studio to create Management Packs
• Using and Automate the New Maintenance mode feature
• Fine tune your Alerts with the Tuning Wizard.