Certified DevOps Engineering Foundation
DevOps is a complex maze that has many leaders frustrated. Many enterprises struggle with their DevOps journey, or even knowing where to start. There are many layers of people, process and technologies across each organization that are instrumental to engineering a successful DevOps solution. DevOps is not something you go get a quote for and simply buy. It’s an evolving journey. This course explains the many aspects of DevOps engineering that leaders and practitioners can execute upon. While DevOps Foundation provides an overview of DevOps, this course will provide a closer look at the implementation process from an engineering perspective. It is an in depth view of the major aspects of engineering DevOps. An engineering approach is critical to DevOps journeys. This course provides the foundations of knowledge, principles and practices from a technical perspective needed to engineer a successful DevOps solution. This course positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Engineering Foundation exam.
The learning objectives for DevOps Engineering Foundation include an understanding of:
- How to engineer DevOps solutions
- DevOps Technologies
- Applications Architectures
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Ephemeral Elastic Infrastructures
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Metrics, Monitoring, Observability and Governance
- DevOps Humans
- Future Trends
Some familiarity with DevOps processes and Agile is recommended.Target Audience The target audience for the DevOps Engineering Foundation course are individuals involved in engineering and technical practices such as:
- DevOps Practice owners and process designers.
- Developers, QA engineers and Managers who are interested in understanding how DevOps works.
- Employees and managers responsible for engineering or improving processes.
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement and DevOps initiatives.
- Anyone responsible for:
- Managing process-related requirements #
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Maximising the value of processes
Module 1: DevOps Engineering Introduction Module 2: DevOps Technology Module 3: Applications Architectures and Continuous Integration Module 4: Continuous Testing Module 5: Ephemeral Elastic Infrastructures Module 6: Continuous Delivery and Deployment Module 7: Metrics, Monitoring, Observability, Governance Module 8: DevOps Engineering Humans Certification Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as DevOps Engineering Foundation certified. The certification is governed and maintained by DevOps Institute.