Certified Tester Performance Testing (CT-PT)
The ISTQB® Performance Testing (CT-PT) certification provides knowledge of the principal aspects of performance testing, including technical aspects, method-based aspects, and organizational aspects. Specifically pertaining to performance testing, it covers areas such as basic concepts, measurements, activities, tasks, and tools.
To gain this certification, candidates must hold the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Business Outcomes for Certified Tester Performance Testing (CT-PT)
- Understand the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing;
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations;
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them;
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements;
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests;
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders;
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance testing to various stakeholders;
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection;
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle.
The ISTQB Foundation course ends with a voluntary examination that will be conducted at a later date via SSTB. The certification is not included in the course and must be booked separately at SSTB.
Please read the information on SSTB's page carefully for details about the examination!