Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)andTroubleshooting Administrator (CCTA) Bundle (includes 180 days lab access)
This bundle course covers the following two Check Point training courses:
Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) R81.x (3 days)
Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator (CCTA) R81.x (2 days)
- Technical professionals who support, install deploy or administer Check Point products.
- Security administrators and Check Point resellers who need to manage and monitor issues that may occur within their Security Management environment
- Know how to perform periodic administrator tasks.
- Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system.
- Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools.
- Understand how SmartConsole is used by administrators to give user access.
- Learn how Check Point security solutions and products work and how they protect networks.
- Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
- Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
- Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
- Understand how to enable the Application Control and URL Filtering software.
- Blades to block access to various applications.
- Describe how to configure manual and automatic NAT.
- Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognize opportunities for performance improvements.
- Describe different Check Point Threat Prevention solutions for network attacks.
- Articulate how the Intrusion Prevention System is configured, maintained and tuned.
- Understand the Infinity Threat Prevention system.
- Knowledge about Check Point's IoT Protect.
- Configure the Security Management Server.
- Use the WebUI to run the First Time Wizard.
- Install the Smart Console.
- Install the Alpha Gateway using the network detailed in the course topology.
- Demonstrate how the Security Management Server and Gateway communicate.
- Test SIC Status.
- Create multiple administrators and apply different roles and permissions for simultaneous administration.
- Validate existing licenses for products installed on the network.
- Create and configure host, network and group objects.
- Create a simplified Security Policy.
- Demonstrate how to use Security Zones in policy.
- Demonstrate how to share a layer between Security Polices.
- Configure Network Address Translation for server and network objects.
- Enable Identity Awareness.
- Deploy user access roles for more granular control of the security Policy.
- Generate network Traffic and use traffic visibility tools to monitor the data.
- Use SmartConsole and SmartView Monitor to view status, alerts, and block suspicious traffic
- Identify online resources for Check Point security products and solutions.
- Demonstrate understanding of capture packet technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of Firewall chain modules, Kernel and
- User Mode, and Kernel and User Space.
- Use Linux and Check Point utilities to review processes and system information.
- Troubleshoot log collection issues and interrupted communications.
- Monitor network activity and traffic flow.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point SmartConsole and Policy installation.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with Check Point SmartConsole and Policy installation.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point Identity Awareness.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with Check Point Identity Awareness.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point Application Control and URL Filtering.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with Check Point Application Control and URL Filtering.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point Network Address Translation.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with Check Point Network Address Translation.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point Threat Prevention.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with Check Point Threat ;Prevention.
- Demonstrate understanding of Check Point licenses and contracts.
- Investigate and troubleshoot Check Point licenses and contracts.
- Using tcpdump and Wireshark
- Viewing Firewall Chain Modules
- Using Basic Linux and Check Point Commands
- Troubleshooting Logging Communication Issues
- Analyzing Traffic Captures
- Troubleshooting SmartConsole and Using SmartConsole Tools
- Troubleshooting Identity Awareness
- Troubleshooting Application Control and URL Filtering
- Investigating Network Address Translation Issues
- Evaluating Advanced Threat Prevention Products
- Verifying Licenses