Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Deployment, Troubleshooting, Security and Administration
You will learn techniques to investigate many of the common issues that can affect environment health and how to solve issues more effectively in the advanced troubleshooting section. You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-location environments with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, Cloud Connectors and HDX.
Versions coveredThis course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903
Is this course for me?Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- How to implement advanced administration concepts such as backups, disaster recovery, scalability and redundancy for a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 Site
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7
- Security considerations and configurations for Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 site including multi-site management using zones
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Technical Pre-requisites:Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
- CMB-318 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track) OR
- CWS-215 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud
- StoreFront and Citrix Gateway
- Site Infrastructure
- Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- VDA Registration in a Multi-Zone Environment
- Zone Preference
- Optimal Gateway Routing and Zones
- Managing StoreFront Store Subscriptions in a MultiLocation Environment
- StoreFront and Citrix ADC Branding
- Disaster Recovery Considerations
- Disaster Recovery Process
- Module 4: Implementing Advanced Authentication Methods
- Multi-factor Authentication - RADIUS & OTP
- Multi-factor Authentication - Smart Card Authentication
- Federated Authentication - ADFS, SAML, and FAS
Module 5: Improving App and Data Security
- Introduction to Application Security
- Preventing Jailbreak Attacks
- Minimizing the Impact of Attacks
- Module 6: Securing Machines Running the Virtual Delivery Agent
- TLS to VDA Encryption
- GPOs and Citrix Policies
- Image Management
Module 7: Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Methodology Process
- Resource Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Troubleshooting StoreFront
- Troubleshooting Citrix Gateway
- Validating FMA Services
- Troubleshooting VDA Registration
- Troubleshooting HDX Connections