DO288 Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Applications
Design, Build, and Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288), teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift clusters.
Whether you are migrating existing applications or writing container-native applications, you will learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
- Design containerized applications for OpenShift.
- Manage and trigger application builds using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image.
- Deploy multi-container applications using Helm Charts.
- Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability.
- Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.
Audience for this course
- Enterprise application developers
- Site reliability engineers
Impact on the organization
As administrators and developers seek ways to improve application time to market for minimum viable products, containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Building on the container foundations set in Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180), this offering represents the first developer-focused OpenShift course. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by demonstrating the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of completing this course, you should be able to understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will also acquire these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multicontainer application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
Recommended next exam or course
Prerequisites for this course
- Complete the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
Content for DO288 Red Hat OpenShift Developer II: Building Kubernetes Applications
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy applications by using various application packaging methods on an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
Manage builds on OpenShift
Describe the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
Customize source-to-image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy multi-container applications using Helm charts and Kustomize.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
Build applications for OpenShift
Create, Deploy and Integrate third-party applications on OpenShift.