Microsoft SharePoint Online End User Essentials
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required as an end-user of Microsoft SharePoint Online. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training. You will discover and understand what SharePoint is and how to access it from a browser or from Office. You will learn how to use SharePoint to collaborate within a team, organise and manage documents, events, tasks and other items. You will use the tools provided to search for information and people, find documents and open them from Microsoft Office applications and Office Online. This course is designed for users who are new or have basic skills with SharePoint. Although users will be given an insight into SharePoint the equivalent of a SharePoint Site member, they will be shown how to create certain objects to appreciate how they work. Please note: Topics from this event are also covered in our five-day SharePoint Online Masterclass (QASPOMC) course.
- Explain how SharePoint can help them in a collaborative working environment
- Work with SharePoint apps / add-ins such as lists and libraries
- Customise apps to meet personal needs with metadata
- Create views to arrange items of information
- Connect certain lists and libraries to Microsoft Outlook
- Know when to Check in / Check out, or use Live Co-authoring
- A basic understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, including Log in and navigation around the service.
- A basic knowledge of Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Module 1: SharePoint overview
- Introduction to SharePoint
- SharePoint information structure
- Site Types
- Connect to SharePoint Online
- The SharePoint environment
- SharePoint live updates
- Connect Office and Office 365
- Credential manager
- What is an app?
- Effective app management
- Add an app
- The list interface
- The app settings page
- Add and edit items in a list
- Item details pane and item menu
- Delete and restore an item
- Choose the experience
- Manage list items
- Introduction to library apps
- The library interface
- Add documents
- Deleting and restoring documents
- Link to document
- Document details pane and item menu
- Check a document out/in
- Document version control
- Live co-authoring
- Introduction to views
- Manage views
- Temporary views
- Public and personal views
- Social Connection
- Search and offline availability
- Manage your OneDrive.