SAFe for Architects
Enable continuous value flow by aligning technical strategy with business goals, communicating that strategy to development teams, and applying Agile architecture practices.
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe® Architect. The SAFe® for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems of systems while supporting SAFe execution.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Architect, you should be able to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during PI Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
- System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
- Architects in supporting technical disciplines
- Experienced software developers
- Technical managers making architectural decisions
- Product leaders collaborating with architects
During this two-day course, you will explore through discussion, group work and simulations the following topics:-
- The benefits and motivations for implementing the Kanban method.
- The values and principles of Kanban
- Value Stream Mapping
- STATIK approach to designing a Kanban System
- Six General practices:
- Limit WIP.
- Manage flow.
- Make policies explicit.
- Establish feedback loops.
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally.
- Overview of Kanban meetings
- Utilizing key metrics for continuous improvement
What attendees get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Architect 6.0 (ARCH) certification exam•
- One–year membership to SAFe Studio
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name: ARCH (6.0) - SAFe® for Architects
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within SAFe Studio upon completion of the SAFe® Scrum Master course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 71%
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Architect certificate
- A SAFe® Architect 6.0 digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership, which includes access to the SAFe Studio platform.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 24 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance