TAP Certificate in Blended Learning – online 5-week tutor led
This course explores different learning methods and media to enable organisations to provide more flexible, accessible and cost-effective learning opportunities. It will be valuable for those seeking to extend their capabilities beyond face-to-face training to take advantage of both formal and informal learning opportunities along with digital tools.
What's included in the course?
- Weekly two hour tutor-led webinar sessions (5 in total) facilitating group discussions
- 3-4 hours self-study each week to incude forums, research, reading and project work
- Tutor support
- Access to online resources
What the delegates will learn
- What is blended learning and the advantages to both employees and the organisation
- What are the ingredients of a blended learning solution?
- Identify the 3-step practical logical approach to design a blended solution ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- What are the different digital tools available and how to apply them?
- Identify the common concerns of implementing a blended approach and tips of how to overcome these
- Experience a variety of learning technologies through both formal and informal learning activities during the course to see what you can apply to your organisation
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Designing Performance Support Resources
- Online Facilitation Skills
- Delegates write a blended learning proposal for their organisation to meet the TAP Blended Learning Profile
- Participate in the weekly activities and assignments
This course is suitable for any L&D professional who wish to learn more about blended learning for a more modern day learning environment and how to apply it to their practice.
Week 1 - The Changing Shape of Learning
- Tutor-led online session: ‘The Changing Shape of Learning’ (2 hours)
- Reasons for why L&D need to think differently
- Taking blended learning beyond the classroom
- What is the definition of blended learning?
- Advantages of blended learning
- Self-study- blended learning wiki activity and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 2 - The Logical Approach
- Tutor-led online session: ‘The Logical Approach’ (2 hours)
- Analyse the learning requirement, audience characteristics and practical constraints
- Determine the relevant training strategy
- Select learning methods to match the learning need
- Match appropriate media options (ie. face to face classroom, digital)
- Self-study activities- selecting different media options for learning, online quiz, research task and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 3 - Experimenting with Digital Tools
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Experimenting with Digital Tools’ (2 hours)
- Share research from week 3
- What are the main digital tools to consider?
- Self-study activities- experiment building an online resource, case study and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 4 - Challenges and Implementation Tips
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Challenges and Implementation Tips’ (2 hours)
- Share example online resources for tutor/peer feedback
- Challenges and concerns of implementing blended learning
- Scenario discussion
- Top 10 implementation tips
- Self-study activities- case study and finalise your project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 5 - Wrap up and feedback
- Submit your completed blended learning proposal for tutor feedback
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Wrap up and feedback session’ (2 hours)
- Share key points from your blended learning proposal
- Action plans and next steps