Ladda ner som PDF
This 5-day instructor-led course describes how to implement a BI platform to support information worker analytics. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server 2012, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Implementing as data warehouse
- Developing SSIS packages for data extraction and loading/transfer/transformation
- Enforcing data integrity using Master Data Services
- Cleansing data using Data Quality Services
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an SSIS solution that supports incremental DW loads and changing data.
- Integrate cloud data into a data warehouse ecosystem infrastructure.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity at source.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how information workers can consume data from the data warehouse.
Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations
- Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution
- Lab : Exploring a Data Warehousing Solution
Module 2: Data Warehouse Hardware Considerations
- The Challenges of Building a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Reference Architectures
- Data Warehouse Appliances
- Lab : No lab Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Logical Design for a Data Warehouse
- Physical Design for a Data Warehouse
- Lab : Implementing a Data Warehouse Schema
Module 4: Design and implement a schema for a data warehouse
- Introduction to ETL with SSIS
- Exploring Source Data
- Implementing Data Flow
- Lab : Implementing Data Flow in an SSIS Package
Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Introduction to Control Flow
- Creating Dynamic Packages
- Using Containers
- Managing Consistency
- Lab : Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Lab : Using Transactions and Checkpoints.
Module 6: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Debugging an SSIS Package
- Logging SSIS Package Events
- Handling Errors in an SSIS Package
- Lab : Debugging and Troubleshooting an SSIS Package
Module 7: Implementing an Incremental ETL Process
- Introduction to Incremental ETL
- Extracting Modified Data
- Loading Modified Data
- Lab : Extracting Modified Data
- Lab : Loading Incremental Changes
Module 8: Incorporating Data from the Cloud in a Data Warehouse
- Overview of Cloud Data Sources
- SQL Server Azure
- Azure Data Market
- Lab : Using Cloud data in a Data Warehouse Solution
Module 9: Enforcing Data Quality
- Introduction to Data Cleansing
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
- Lab : Cleansing Data
- Lab : De-Duplicating Data
Module 10: Using Master Data Services
- Master Data Services Concepts
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Using the Master Data Services Excel Add-in
- Lab : Implementing Master Data Services
Module 11: Extending SSIS
- Using Custom Components in SSIS
- Using Scripting in SSIS
- Lab : Using Scripts and Custom Components
Module 12: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Overview of Deployment
- Deploying SSIS Projects
- Planning SSIS Package Execution
- Lab : Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
Module 13: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
- Using Excel to Analyze Data in a data Warehouse.
- An Introduction to PowerPivot
- An Introduction to Crescent
- Lab : Using a Data Warehouse
Microsofts officiella elektroniska kursmaterial på engelska ingår.