This course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. You will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron. This course will also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Engineer in OpenStack exam (EX310).
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Module 2: Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 3: Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 4: Create snapshots and clones
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Module 5: Ceph with the Glance Image service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Module 6: Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Module 7: Ceph with the Nova compute service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Module 8: Introduce networking fundamentals
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
Module 9: Network interfaces
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Module 10: Virtual bridging
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Module 11: Virtual network devices
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Module 12: Network namespaces
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
Module 13: Neutron services
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Module 14: Provisioning tenant networks
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Module 15: Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
Module 16: Neutron networking services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Module 17: Comprehensive Review
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.