Ladda ner som PDF
This five-day instructor-led course provides in-depth training on implementing, configuring, managing and troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. It covers core AD DS concepts and functionality as well as implementing Group Policies, performing backup and restore and monitoring and troubleshooting Active Directory related issues. After completing this course students will be able to configure AD DS in their Windows Server 2008 and Windows server 2008 R2 environments.
This course is intended for Active Directory Technology Specialists, Server and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. Those attending would be interested in learning how to secure domains by using Group Policies, back up, restore, monitor, and troubleshoot configuration to ensure trouble-free operation of Active Directory Domain Services. Those intending to take the 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring exam will also benefit from attendance at this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features and functionality of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Perform secure and efficient administration of Active Directory.
- Manage users and service accounts.
- Manage groups.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage enterprise security and configuration by using Group Policy settings.
- Secure administration.
- Improve the security of authentication in an AD DS Domain.
- Configure Domain Name System.
- Administer AD DS domain controllers.
- Manage sites and Active Directory Replication.
- Monitor, maintain and back up directory Service to ensure Directory Service continuity.
- Manage multiple domains and forests.
Module 1: Introducing Active Directory Domain Services
- Overview of Active Directory, Identity, and Access
- Active Directory Components and Concepts
- Install Active Directory Domain Services
- Lab : Install an AD DS DC to Create a Single Domain Forest
Module 2: Administering Active Directory Securely and Efficiently
- Work with Active Directory Administration Tools
- Custom Consoles and Least Privilege
- Find Objects in Active Directory
- Use Windows PowerShell to Administer Active Directory
- Lab : Administer Active Directory Using Administrative Tools
- Lab : Find Objects in Active Directory
- Lab : Use Windows PowerShell to Administer Active Directory
Module 3: Managing Users and Service Accounts
- Create and Administer User Accounts
- Configure User Object Attributes
- Automate User Account Creation
- Create and Configure Managed Service Accounts
- Lab : Create and Administer User Accounts
- Lab : Configure User Object Attributes
- Lab : Automate User Account Creation
- Lab : Create and Administer Managed Service Accounts
Module 4: Managing Groups
- Overview of Groups
- Administer Groups
- Best Practices for Group Management
- Lab : Administer Groups
- Lab : Best Practices for Group Management
Module 5: Managing Computer Accounts
- Create Computers and Join the Domain
- Administer Computer Objects and Accounts
- Perform an Offline Domain Join
- Lab : Create Computers and Join the Domain
- Lab : Administer Computer Objects and Accounts
- Lab : Perform an Offline Domain Join
Module 6: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Understand Group Policy
- Implement GPOs
- Manage Group Policy Scope
- Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshoot Policy Application
- Lab : Implement Group Policy
- Lab : Manage Group Policy Scope
- Lab : Troubleshoot Policy Application
Module 7: Managing User Desktop with Group Policy
- Implement Administrative Templates
- Configure Group Policy Preferences
- Manage Software with GPSI
- Lab : Manage Administrative Templates and Central Store
- Lab : Manage Group Policy Preferences
- Lab : Manage Software with GPSI
Module 8: Managing Enterprise Security and Configuration with Group Policy Settings
- Manage Group Membership by Using Group Policy Settings
- Manage Security Settings
- Software Restriction Policy and Applocker
- Lab : Using Group Policy to Manage Group Membership
- Lab : Manage Security Settings
- Lab : Audit File System Access
- Lab : Configure Application Control Policies
Module 9: Securing Administration
- Delegate Administrative Permissions
- Audit Active Directory Administration
- Lab : Delegate Administration
- Lab : Audit Active Directory Changes
Module 10: Improving the Security of Authentication in an AD DS Domain
- Configure Password and Lockout Policies
- Audit Authentication
- Configure Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Lab : Configure Password and Account Lockout Policies
- Lab : Audit Authentication
- Lab : Configure Read-Only Domain Controllers
Module 11: Configuring Domain Name System
- Install and Configure DNS in an AD DS Domain
- Integration of AD DS, DNS, and Windows
- Advanced DNS Configuration and Administration
- Lab : Installing the DNS Service
- Lab : Advanced Configuration of DNS
Module 12: Administering AD DS Domain Controllers
- Domain Controller Installation Options
- Install a Server Core Domain Controller
- Manage Operations Masters
- Configure Global Catalog
- Configure DFS-R Replication of SYSVOL
- Lab : Install Domain Controllers
- Lab : Install a Server Core Domain Controller
- Lab : Transfer Operations Masters Roles
- Lab : Configure the Global Catalog and Universal Group Membership Caching
- Lab : Configure DFS-R Replication of SYSVOL
Module 13: Managing Sites and Active Directory Replication
- Configure Sites and Subnets
- Configure Replication
- Lab : Configure Sites and Subnets
- Lab : Configure Replication
Module 14: Directory Service Continuity
- Monitor Active Directory
- Manage the Active Directory Database
- Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Back Up and Restore AD DS and Domain Controllers
- Lab : Monitor Active Directory Events and Performance
- Lab : Manage the Active Directory Database
- Lab : Using Active Directory Recycle Bin
- Lab : Back Up and Restore Active Directory
Module 15: Managing Multiple Domains and Forests
- Configure Domain and Forest Functional Levels
- Manage Multiple Domains and Trust Relationships
- Move Objects between Domains and Forests
- Lab : Administer Trust Relationships
- Basic understanding of networking
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems
- An awareness of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Some experience creating objects in Active Directory
- Basic concepts of backup and recovery in a Windows Server environment
- A good knowledge of Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista or Windows 7
Microsofts digitala officiella kursmaterial på engelska.