Ladda ner som PDF
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to install and deploy Windows Server 2008 R2. This course also will teach you how to automate server deployment, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you to migrate existing services to Windows Server 2008 R2.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, and who hold an Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) credentialor Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credential (or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) credential) certification and/or equivalent knowledge. They also should be responsible for deploying Windows Server 2008 R2, including the R2 features that enable enhanced functionality of Windows 7 clients, must understand how to use the latest deployment tools and solution accelerators that were updated for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This course is intended for IT professionals experienced on the technologies that Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 R2 include, and who have a Windows Server 2003 or 2008 MCTS or MCITP (or MSCA/MCSE) certification or equivalent knowledge.
This course also is targeted at IT professionals who are responsible for planning and implementing the deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This audience uses graphical administration tools, command-line tools, Windows PowerShell, imaging tools, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Microsoft Solution Accelerators. These IT professionals conduct most server-deployment tasks in a deployment lab, and roll out monitored pilot deployments in a controlled fashion. They use a combination of low-touch and no-touch deployment processes and tools. This audience also deploys these servers from a centralized location, and validates remote server deployments and configurations using remote management tools and scripts.
- Describe Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 installation and configuration options, and select an appropriate volume-licensing option for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deploy and configure a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core installation.
- Implement various Windows Server deployment technologies.
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 (MDT 2010).
- Migrate earlier versions of Active Directory directory service to AD DS.
- Migrate file and print, and Web servers to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Migrate remote infrastructure servers to support branch offices.
- Virtualize workloads by migrating physical servers to guests in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.
Course OutlineModule 1: Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2This module describes the installation options and requirements for Windows Server 2008 R2.Lessons
- Planning Windows Server 2008 R2 Installations
- Performing a Windows Server 2008 R2 Installation
- Configuring Windows Server 2008 R2 Following Installation
- Automating Server Activation Using Microsoft Volume Activation
- Lab A: Planning to Install Windows Server 2008 R2
- Lab B: Installing Windows Server and Configuring Post-Installation Settings
- Lab C: Managing Roles and Features
- Lab D: Configuring Windows Server 2008 R2 Licensing
Module 2: Implementing Deployment Technologies
- Selecting a Deployment Strategy
- Using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Working with Images
- Working with Unattended Answer Files
- Lab : Deploying Windows Server 2008 with an Answer File
Module 3: Using Windows Deployment Services
- Overview of Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Implementing Deployment with WD
- Maintaining Images
- Lab : Using WDS to Deploy Windows Server
Module 4: Implementing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Introducing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Maintaining Images with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Lab : Implementing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Module 5: Migrating Active Directory Directory Service
- Overview of Upgrading Windows Server 2008 R2 Active Directory
- Upgrading Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 R2
- Lab : Migrating Active Directory
Module 6: Migrating File, Print, and Web Services
- Introducing the Windows Server Migration Tools
- Migrating File and Print Servers
- Migrating Web and Application Servers
- Lab A: Migrating Windows Server 2003 File and Print Services
- Lab B: Lesson 3: Migrating Web and Application Servers
Module 7: Deploying Branch Office and Remote Access Services
- Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Implementing Remote Infrastructure
- Lab A: Deploying an RODC to a Branch Office
- Lab B: Implementing Branch Cache
Module 8: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Installing Hyper-V
- Migrating workloads to Hyper-V
- Lab: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
- Able to perform server and desktop installation, upgrades, and configuration
- A conceptual understanding of automated deployment
- A basic understanding of the processes in Microsoft Operations Connector Framework, Microsoft Solutions Framework, and ITIL 3.0
- Basic skills with Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Windows command line
- Understanding of, and experience with, monitoring and management tools
- Networking knowledge
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Knowledge of security
- Understanding of, and experience with, performance monitoring
- Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity and experience with Windows PowerShell 2.0, Windows Command line, scripting of imaging and virtualization technologies, and general batch scripting.
Microsofts digitala officiella kursmaterial på engelska.
Utbildningen levereras i samarbete med