Ladda ner som PDF
In the Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning course, learn about the performance analysis and tuning tasks expected of a DBA: proactive management through built-in performance analysis features and tools, diagnosis and tuning of the Oracle Database instance components, and diagnosis and tuning of SQL-related performance issues.
- Use the Oracle tuning methodology.
- Use Oracle-supplied tools for monitoring and diagnosing SQL and instance performance issues.
- Use database advisors to proactively correct performance problems.
- Identify and tune problem SQL statements.
- Monitor instance performance by using Enterprise Manager.
- Tune instance components.
Benefits To You:
The DBA will analyze the SQL performance with available tools. The DBA will be introduced to various methods of identifying the SQL statements that require tuning and the diagnostic tools used to find ways to improve performance. This will include the use of statistics, profiles to influence the optimizer, and using the SQL Advisors.
Maintain SQL Performance:
A major task of DBAs is to maintain SQL performance across changes. This course introduces Database Replay and SQL Performance Analyzer which help the DBA test and minimize the impact of change.
Influence Instance Behavior:
Instance tuning uses the same general method of observing a problem, diagnosing the problem, and implementing a solution. The instance tuning lessons cover the details of major tunable components and describe how you can influence the instance behavior. For each lesson, we will examine the relevant components of the architecture. The course only discusses the architecture to the level required to understand the symptoms and solutions. More detailed explanations are left to other courses, reference material, and the Oracle documentation.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Diagnose and tune common Instance related performance problems
- Use Enterprise Manager performance-related pages to monitor an Oracle database
- Use the Oracle Database tuning methodology
- Utilize database advisors to proactively tune an Oracle Database Instance
- Use the tools based on the Automatic Workload Repository to tune the database
- Diagnose and tune common SQL related performance problems
- Course Objectives
- Course Organization
- Course Agenda
- Topics Not Included in the Course
- Who Tunes?
- What Does the DBA Tune?
- How to Tune
- Tuning Methodology
Basic Tuning Diagnostics
- Performance Tuning Diagnostics, Features, and Tools
- DB Time
- CPU and Wait Time Tuning Dimensions
- Time Model
- Dynamic Performance Views
- Wait Events
- Log Files and Trace Files
Using Automatic Workload Repository
- Automatic Workload Repository Overview
- Automatic Workload Repository Data
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and AWR
- Compare Periods
Defining the Scope of Performance Issues
- Defining the Problem and Limiting the Scope
- Setting the Priority
- Top SQL Reports
- Common Tuning Problems
- Tuning During the Life Cycle
- ADDM Tuning Session
- Performance Tuning Resource
- Monitoring and Tuning Tools Overview
Using Metrics and Alerts
- Metrics and Alerts Overview... Läs mer
Utbildningen levereras i samarbete med