Ladda ner som PDF
Product based planning enables us to start with the end product in mind and. By having a mental picture of the end product we can work backwards and visualise the component products required for the end product to be complete.
Once we have this visualisation we can then start development of the product, putting together component products in the order that gives us most value. This is a bit like the 20/80 rule, first build the 20% that will give us 80% of the value.
By progressively developing the product or service and possibly releasing to the market we can get feedback from the market or internally regarding the suitability of the product(s) being developed. Based on the lessons learned the project team can make controlled changes to the product or service requirements to ensure that business objectives are met.
When documenting requirements the emphasis is on relevant documentation and keeping the documentation to the minimum necessary to effectively deliver the final product or service. The level of documentation will be dependent on the stakeholders, industry and legal requirements.
For longer term projects the development of detailed requirements can be deferred until later in the project, this will result in more relevant and better quality products delivered at lower cost.
Product based planning enables us to start with the end in mind while;
Estimating and scheduling enables us to put first things first.
Client companies / departments
Course Introduction (09:00 – 09:15)
- Benefits related to using “Product Based Planning” when developing requirements.
- SO 1: Develop the Project Product Description
- SO 2: Develop Product Breakdown Structure
- SO 3: Develop Component Product Descriptions
- SO 4: Develop Product Flow Diagram (Road Map)
Period 1 (09:15 – 10:30)
Period 2 (10:45 – 12:00)
Updating the product breakdown structure and project product description
Period 3 (13:00 – 14:30) & 4 (14:45 – 16:00)
- SO 5: Develop User Scenarios and Acceptance Tests for Individual Products.
The process guide and templates will enable participants to apply their knowledge directly. (Please note that templates are supplied in the word 2010 format.)
- Requirements Development Process Guide
- Project Product Description Template
- Component Product Description Template
- User Scenario & Acceptance Test Template
Utbildningen levereras i samarbete med