Ladda ner som PDF
The ITIL Service Operation Certificate Course is one of five lifecycle courses that fit into the intermediate stream for ITIL certification. It is a free-standing qualification but it is also a module contributing to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
This certification is aimed at people involved with the management and control of Service Operation and, as such, does not cover process details in great depth. (For that level of information see the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis Certificate). The Service Operation Course provides information to enable delegates to gain competencies in:
- Service Operations Principles
- Service Operation Processes
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organising Service Operation: Functions
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Please be aware, this course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification/re-certification.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management,and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications
- Individuals who require a understanding of Service Operation and how it enhances the quality of IT service within an organisation
- Anyone involved in the ongoing management, coordination or integration of operational activities within the Service Lifecycle
The exam is gradient, scenario based multi-choice. There are 8 questions to be completed in 90 minutes. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks. The pass mark is 28 marks from 40 (70%).
For Published Best Practice ITIL Glossaries from Axelos please click here.
Possession of one of the following:
- ITIL v3 or 2011 Foundation
- ITIL v2 Foundation and v2/v3 Foundation Bridge.
Proof of prerequisites must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 working days prior to the start of the event. This evidence MUST be reproduced on the day of the exam to the trainer. When submitting evidence to email@example.com, please include your booking reference number which can be found on your Joining Instructions.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam.
Delegates whose pre-requisite was taken with BCS simply need to inform QA of this information prior to the exam event. Evidence will not need to be provided on the day of the exam.
You will receive electronic pre-course reading. Delegates should spend a minimum half an hour reviewing the document and are encouraged to explore all of the links provided for further reading. Success on the course will be enhanced by delegates spending at least 21 hours on reviewing their ITIL Foundation material prior to attending one of the ITIL Intermediate 'Lifecycle' courses.
Proof of identification:
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam. For any questions about what form of identification is acceptable please contact your Account Manager or the QA Examination Administration team on 44 (0)1793 696273.
- BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.
Utbildningen levereras i samarbete med