APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) for PRINCE2(R) Practitioners
The APM Project Management qualification (PMQ), is a knowledge-based qualification developed by APM, the chartered body for the project profession. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how all elements of project management interact and how your project fits into your strategic and commercial environment. This course is aligned to the APM Body of Knowledge version 7.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners is a ‘fast-track’ course to the PMQ (3 days versus 5 days for PMQ) and shorter exam (2 hours versus 3 hours for PMQ) for anyone who is a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner – that is passed your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam in the 5 years prior to the date of this PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam.
This course includes the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination, and all course material to prepare you fully for your exam.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners is specifically designed for registered PRINCE2 Practitioners.
Benefits of taking this course
With a shorter training course and exam, this route will save you time and money. PMQ develops your knowledge and understanding beyond your learning from PRINCE2, to help you grow into a committed and capable project professional. It prepares you to deliver project success in critical areas such as budgeting and cost management, conflict management and teamwork.
By passing the PMQ exam, you will achieve an internationally recognised qualification.
According to the APM Salary and Market Trends Survey 2019:
- 46% of PMQ holders earned £50,000 or more
- 94% of candidates would recommend PMQ
Why QA should be chosen
QA are a market leader in the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners, training hundreds of people every year with market-leading pass rates. QA offers PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners training in a format that suits you:
- Classroom (public courses or client–specific, at a QA venue or client venue)
- Live Streaming
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam is also available online, for added convenience.
By attending this course, you will:
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured
- Understand project lifecycles
- Understand the situational context of projects
- Understand communication within project management
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork
- Understand planning for success
- Understand project scope management
- Understand schedule and resource optimisation
- Understand project procurement
Delegates who attend this course are expected to have a minimum of 2 years' experiece in managing projects.
- To attend this course you must be a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. If you are not a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner (either you have not passed PRINCE2 Practitioner or it has lapsed) you should book on the PMQ course.
- You will be required to prove you are a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner before being able to sit this exam. Failure to prove your registered PRINCE2 Practitioner status will mean you will not be able to sit your exam.
- You will receive some pre-course reading. Please complete this pre-course reading in full to get the most out of your course. Everyone learns differently yet we would advise spending 10 hours on your pre-course reading.
Proof of Identification
Photographic identification is required to sit your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam. Examples include:
- Driving licence
- Work Badge
You are required to show the invigilator your photographic identification – failure to do so will mean you will not be allowed to sit your exam.
If you are taking an online exam, we advise you to familiarise yourself with the remote invigilation exam platform. The following documents can be found on the APM website:
- Online examinations: what to expect
- Step-by-step guide to your new candidate experience
- Online invigilation FAQs
- APM rules and regulations for remote invigilated examinations
- User guidance: Taking a remote invigilated examination
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Failure to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may result in the additional support not being offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Any other assistance
If you require any other assistance to attend your course, please get in contact and we will do everything we can to make your time at QA comfortable. Please contact your account manager, or via one of the options below:
- 0345 757 3888
This course covers provides comprehensive coverage of the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus aligned to the Body of Knowledge 7. The PMQ syllabus for PRINCE2 Practitioners contains:
- 9 learning outcomes (above). The full PMQ syllabus has 11 learning outcomes as 2 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the remaining 9 learning outcomes.
- 47 assessment criteria – the specific topics you are required to know. The full PMQ syllabus has 67 assessment criteria and as 26 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the remaining 47 assessment criteria.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus showing full topic coverage is available on the APM website.
The way our course is structured is that it follows a lifecycle approach, rather than following the sections in the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus. Our structure enables you to understand how the tools, skills and techniques are applied at each phase of a project.
A full breakdown of subject areas is provided below:
- Projects and project management
- Programme and portfolio management
- Temporary structures (matrix, functional and project)
- Implementing strategy
- Regulatory environment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Investment decisions
- Requirements management
- Scope management
- Resource optimisation
- Cost planning
- Information management
- Knowledge management
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Configuration management
- Team development
- Conflict management
PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners Examination
You will sit your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination in the afternoon of day 3. Some details about your PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination:
- 2 hours 10 minutes duration
- Short essay-style questions
- Choose 6 questions from 10
- Each question is worth 50 marks, so 300 marks in total
- Pass mark is 165 (55%)
Your course includes preparation for your examination. This includes undertaking mock examination questions, and answer reviews. Questions will also be set to be completed in the evening, and you can expect to spend approximately 1-2 hours per evening on this additional work. Please ensure you can dedicate time to this evening work.