BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Total Learning
QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply your learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. Our innovative digital platform helps you to achieve this, giving you the tools to track progress and manage your own learning.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply our learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. This is all underpinned by our digital platform, giving you the tools to track progress and manage your own learning.
Business Analysts are increasingly required to extend themselves beyond their traditional role of developing and maintaining IT systems. They need the capability to understand the business strategy, use proven techniques to analyse the business area, and identify changes to business processes needed to meet internal and external challenges.
This Total Learning course develops the skills needed to work with senior business and IT staff to analyse and model business activities. Delegates will learn how to investigate business problems, and how to identify and recommend appropriate creative solutions. At the end of the course delegates may sit an examination to attain the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the rationale for Business Analysis
- Use strategic analysis techniques to understand the strategic context
- Explain techniques to investigate an organisation's current situation
- Explain the importance of stakeholder management and use a stakeholder analysis technique
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Describe how recommendations for business improvement may be identified
- Describe the contents of a rigorous business case for the development and implementation of business changes
- Identify costs, benefits, impacts, and risks for an option in a business case including investment appraisal
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. This course is designed for anyone wishing to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to be a Business Analyst and/or acquire the BCS diploma in Business Analysis. Delegates wishing to acquire the skill set required for analysing and addressing business problems and wishing to attain the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice would benefit from attending this course
This course is suitable for people who already have a business analysis role and want to gain a deeper understanding of business analysis strategy and application. It makes up one of the two core courses within the BCS international diploma track and will learners understanding of how to develop a business strategy and how to explore a business issue.
This course is suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers.
This Total Learning course consists of three stages:
- Digital stage – up to 15 hours, completed over a minimum of 3 weeks
- Live event – 2 days
- Exam – 1-hour closed-book exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions. Pass mark of 65% required (26/40)
Digital Essential Learning
The Digital Learning is valid for 3 months from the date of the kick off session
During the Digital stage, learners will work through online content exploring the complete BCS syllabus for the Certificate in Business Analysis Practice through a series of modules.
The Digital content follows a linear approach, going through the various services business analysts can provide to organisations and the models, tools, and techniques they can apply to deliver those services. Learners will hear from experts and go through examples to gain a better understanding of how to apply these models and techniques in the workplace. They will also have opportunities to check their knowledge as well as practise answering exam questions.
The Digital Stage includes:
- What is Business Analysis Practice?
- Understanding the strategic context for analysis
- Analysing and managing stakeholders
- Establishing the current state
- Establishing the target state
- Designing and defining the solution
- Developing the business case
Live Virtual Classroom Event
During the 2-day virtual Live event, learners will work individually and in teams to consolidate the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice theory through practical, exam-focused activities. The facilitator will use Miro to create a digital workspace environment, enabling a collaborative and interactive learning experience.
- Live Day 1:
- What is a Business Analyst?
- Pestle & Porters 5 Forces Research
- VMOST, Resource Audit
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Analysing the current state
- Exam Practice
- Live Day 2:
- Exam Review
- Consensus BAM
- Gap Analysis
- CSFs & KPIs
- Business Case
- Exam Practice
- Exam Review
The exam is now available online via remote proctoring. The exam can be taken at a time and date of the learner’s choosing after the completion of the course. More information will be provided during the course.
Structure of the Exam:
- Type: 40 multiple choice and multiple response questions
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Supervised: Yes
- Open Book: No
- Passmark: 26/40 (65%)
- Delivery: Digital