BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture
Business Architecture addresses how the business strategy of an enterprise can be developed. It embodies a range of techniques that address areas such as motivation analysis, the planning of capabilities, identifying value chains and streams, and information needs. A clear business architecture can enable a better understanding of the data and applications needed to support the business.
The course includes the BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture examination voucher.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Explain the rationale for business architecture, and how it fits in with data, application and technology architectures
- Define the components of Business Architecture
- Understand various Business Architecture Frameworks
- Examining the elements related to business motivation
- Illustrate the use of Business Models and an understanding of the business model canvas
- Explanation of Value Chains and Value Streams
- Understand Competency definition
- Describe the structure of the cultural web
- Define elements of an information concept model
- Understand the impact of business change
There are no specific techniques that need to be understood prior to this course. However those who have been in a business environment, such as business policy-makers, business analysts and change managers, will be more able to identify with the content.
- Business Architecture Frameworks
- The Business Motivation View
- Capability and Organisation View
- Value and Process View
- Information and Technology View
- Competency and People View
- Business Architecture and Business Change