Certified Agile Service Manager
This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
IT Service Management (ITSM) focuses on ensuring IT services deliver value by understanding and optimizing their end-to-end value streams. This course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process engineering that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the CASM exam.
The learning objectives for Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) include an understanding of:
- What does it mean to “be agile?”
- The Agile Manifesto, its core values, and principles
- Adapting Agile thinking and values into service management
- Agile concepts and practices including DevOps, ITIL ® , SRE, Lean and Scrum
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and events as it applies to processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management:
- 1 - Agile Process Improvement–ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
- 2- Agile Process Engineering–applying Agile practices to process engineering projects
Some Familiarity with ITSM processes and Scrum is recommended.
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide (pre-class resource)
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample exam and exam requirements guidelines
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the candidate’s designation as a Certified Agile Service Manager. The certification is governed and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
Module 1: Why Agile Service Management?
Module 2: Agile Service Management
Module 3: Leveraging Related Guidance
Module 4: Agile Service Management Roles
Module 5: Agile Process Engineering
Module 6: Agile Service Management Artifacts
Module 7: Agile Service Management Events
Module 8: Agile Process Improvement