Check Point Certified Harmony Endpoint Specialist (CCES)
Learn basic concepts and develop skills necessary to administer Harmony Endpoint security solutions.
- Introduction to Harmony Endpoint
- Harmony Endpoint Security Management
- Deploying Harmony Endpoint
- Data Security Protection
- Advanced Threat Prevention
- Advanced Configurations
This course is designed for Security Administrators who are responsible for managing a Harmony Endpoint security solution.
Demonstrate an understanding of the Check Point Harmony Endpoint solution, including its features and capabilities. Apply knowledge and skills gained during training to manage and protect a Harmony Endpoint solution.
Working knowledge of Unix-based/Linux and/or Windows operating systems, networking (TCP/IP) and network security, and security administration.
• Describe Check Point Infinity's Consolidated Security Architecture.
• Explain the difference between the Harmony Endpoint On-Premises and Cloud management environments.
• Identify the main components of the Harmony Endpoint Security Architecture.
• Identity the basic workflow for Harmony Endpoint Security Management.
• Give examples of useful resources for Harmony Endpoint Security Management.
• Log into the Web Management Console.
• Navigate the Web Management interface to gain a basic understanding of the features and capabilities Harmony Endpoint provides for Security Management.
• Discuss situations where it might be necessary to change default policy rules.
• Identify recommended releases for a Harmony Endpoint Client deployment.
• Recognize the different types of data security available to deploy.
• Describe how Full Disk Encryption protects and recovers data that is accessed and stored on Endpoint computers.
• Identify how to secure removable media devices and protect ports.
• Identify remote Help and recovery capabilities.
• Discuss the challenges of threat prevention.
• Give examples of advanced threats.
• Identify how Harmony Endpoint defends networks against advanced threats.
• Identify the components in standalone and distributed Harmony Endpoint deployments.
• Identify sizing guidelines for Harmony Endpoint deployments.
• Explain how to expand the environment for large-scale configurations.
• Explain the difference between Active Directory and High Availability servers.
• Identify useful resources for troubleshooting Harmony Endpoint.
• Give examples of potential problems or issues that might occur when using Harmony Endpoint.
• Investigate and troubleshoot basic Harmony Endpoint troubleshooting scenarios.
• Deploying an Endpoint Security Management Server
• Deploying Endpoint Security Clients to Local Hosts
• Deploying Endpoint Security Clients to Remote Hosts
• Changing the Full Disk Encryption Algorithm
• Analyzing and Maintaining Policies
• Configuring Directory Services
• Troubleshooting Endpoint Communication