Check Point Certified Security Administrator R81.X
• Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system.
• Recognize SmartConsole features, functions, and tools.
• Understand how SmartConsole is used by administrators to give
• Learn how Check Point security solutions and products work and
how they protect networks.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
• Understand how to enable the Application Control and URL
• Blades to block access to various applications.
• Describe how to configure manual and automatic NAT.
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and
recognize opportunities for performance improvements.
• Describe different Check Point Threat Prevention solutions for
• Articulate how the Intrusion Prevention System is configured,
maintained and tuned.
• Understand the Infinity Threat Prevention system.
• Knowledge about Check Point's IoT Protect.
• Configure the Security Management Server.
• Use the WebUI to run the First Time Wizard.
• Install the Smart Console.
• Install the Alpha Gateway using the network detailed in the course topology.
• Demonstrate how the Security Management Server and Gateway communicate.
• Test SIC Status.
• Create multiple administrators and apply different roles and permissions for simultaneous administration.
• Validate existing licenses for products installed on the network.
• Create and configure host, network and group objects.
• Create a simplified Security Policy.
• Demonstrate how to use Security Zones in policy.
• Demonstrate how to share a layer between Security Polices.
• Configure Network Address Translation for server and network objects.
• Enable Identity Awareness.
• Deploy user access roles for more granular control of the security Policy.
• Generate network Traffic and use traffic visibility tools to monitor the data.
• Use SmartConsole and SmartView