Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration on Microsoft Azure
In this course you will learn how to create a new Citrix DaaS deployment on Citrix Cloud, with a resource location on Microsoft Azure. You will also learn how to migrate to Citrix DaaS from an on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture,
communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix DaaS on Citrix Cloud and a Microsoft Azure resource location that will host apps and desktops for your users.
This course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills, to not only understand, manage, and deliver successfully, but also to make well-informed planning decisions along the way.
Product Versions Covered: Citrix DaaS, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises and the Citrix DaaS.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Strong foundational knowledge of:
Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
- Introduction to Citrix DaaS
- Planning Citrix DaaS Architecture, Security and Operations
- Planning Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Planning Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Planning Active Directory Authentication and Authorization
- Planning Provisioning VFA Workloads and Delivering Resources
- Planning Provide Access in Citrix Cloud
- Planning Citrix DaaS Administration
- Planning Public Cloud Considerations
- Planning Migrating to Citrix DaaS from CVAD
- Manage Operations and Support
- Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Azure
- Planning a Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Planning Microsoft Azure Overview
- Planning Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Planning Providing Access to End Users
- Rolling out a Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Citrix DaaS workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Optimize Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure