Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premise and In Citrix Cloud
If you are new to Citrix or if you are planning a move to Citrix Cloud, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to manage and deploy Citrix Workspace successfully.
This foundational administration course covers the aspects of installing, configuring and managing a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 environment, how to manage an on-premises Citrix solution and migrate from an on-premises solution to cloud using the Citrix Cloud management plane.
This five-day course will teach you how to deploy, install, configure, setup profile management, configure policies, printing and basic security features for on-premises Virtual Apps and Desktop solution building, and then migrating to Citrix Cloud.
Is this course for me?
Built for experienced IT Professionals who want to be familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment and Citrix Cloud. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the end user workspace and overall health and performance of the solution.
This course aligns to the CCA-V exam. Delegates will receive a Pearson Vue exam voucher, accessible via their TCC account, on completion of the course.
What you’ll learn
- Gain foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7
- How to install, configure, and manage a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 site and Cloud connectors
- Identify the considerations between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- How to deliver app and desktop resources
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
This course requires basic knowledge of AD, Windows, Storage, Networking and little to no previous experience with the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 version; however, Citrix recommends completing the free Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Introduction bundle at elearning.citrix.com.
Module 1: Architecture Overview
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Architecture Overview
- Hosting Platform Considerations
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Connection Flow Process Introduction
Module 2: Deploy the Site
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Citrix Licensing Setup
- Delivery Controller Setup
- Site Setup And Management
- Redundancy Considerations
Module 3: The Apps and Desktops Images
- Consider Master Image Creation Methods
- Master Image Requirements
Module 4: Provision and Deliver App and Desktop Resources
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning Methods and Considerations
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) Deep Dive
- MCS Environment Considerations
- Resource Locations
Module 5: Provide Access to App and Desktop Resources
- Consider Workspace Experience versus StoreFront
- Workspace Experience User Authentication
- Workspace App
- Communication Flow
Module 6: Manage the User Experience
- Methods to Manage the User Experience
- Common User Experience Settings
Module 7: Published App and Desktop Presentation and Management
- Published App Properties
- Server OS Published App Optimizations
- Published App Presentation
- Application Groups
- Apps and Desktops Presentation
Module 8: Manage Printing for User Sessions
- Map Printers to the User Session
- Printer Drivers
- Print Environment Considerations
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- Introduction and Considerations
- Configure Citrix Profile Management
Module 10: Manage the Site
- Delegated Administration
- Use PowerShell with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Power Management Considerations
Module 11: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Basic Security Considerations
- Citrix Admin Security Considerations
- XML Service Security Considerations
- Secure HDX External Traffic
Module 12: Monitor the Site
- Citrix Director Introduction
- Monitor and Interact with User Sessions
- Published Apps Analysis
- Monitor the Machines Running the VDA
- Site Specific Common Monitoring
- Alerts and Notifications
- Optimize Citrix Director Monitoring with Citrix ADM
Module 13: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Introduction to Supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Tools
- Proactive Administration Common Tasks
Module 14: Migrate To Citrix Cloud
- Migration Considerations
- Citrix Cloud Connector Deployment
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with an On-PremisesResource Location
- The Migration Process
Module 15: Citrix Analytics
- Citrix Analytics Introduction
- Prepare to Use Citrix Analytics
- Types of Analytics