COBIT 2019 Foundation Course
COBIT is a framework for the governance and management of enterprise Information and Technology that supports enterprise goal achievement. This two day course highlights the concepts, models and key definitions of the new framework. The course will cover the eight key areas of the COBIT 2019 including: framework introduction, principles, governance system and components, governance and management objectives, performance management, designing a tailored governance system, business case and implementation.
The (included) associated online exam will need to be booked separately with ISACA at a time and date of your choosing.
The COBIT 2019 Foundation certificate exam is an online, closed-book, remotely proctored exam. The exam covers the eight key areas and is 120 minutes long, with 75 questions and delegates will require at least 65% to pass.
Delegates will learn the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework. In detail, delegates will be able to:
- Recognize the target audience of COBIT 2019
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework
- Recognize the descriptions and purposes of the COBIT product architecture
- Recall the alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge
- Understand and describe the governance “system” and governance “framework” principles
- Describe the components of a governance system
- Understand the overall structure and contents of the Goals Cascade
- Recall the 40 Governance and Management Objectives and their purpose statements
- Understand the relationship between Governance and Management Objectives and Governance Components
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case
- Understand and recall the phases of the COBIT implementation approach
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam
There are no hard pre-requisites for this course, background in service management is preferred but not essential.
Module 1 – Course Introduction
Module 2 – Framework Introduction
Module 3 – Principles
Module 4 – Governance System and Components
Module 5 – Governance and Management Objectives
Module 6 – Performance Management
Module 7 – Designing a Tailored Governance System
Module 8 – Business Case
Module 9 – Implementation