Comptia Server + (SK0-005)
This 5-day course is intended for those wishing to qualify with CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005 The CompTIA Server+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and manage server hardware and operating systems (OSs) by implementing proper security controls, successfully troubleshooting common server problems, and demonstrating an understanding of key disaster recovery concepts.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Server+ (Exam SK0-005) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of server management. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your sysadmin skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any entry-level server administration role. On course completion, you will be able to achieve the following:
- Understand server administration concepts.
- Understand virtualization and cloud computing.
- Understand physical and network security concepts.
- Manage physical inventory and assets.
- Manage server hardware.
- Configure storage management.
- Install and configure an OS.
- Troubleshoot OS, application, and network configurations.
- Maintain and manage servers post-installation.
- Manage data security.
- Manage service and data availability.
- Decommission servers.
- To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic IT skills comprising 18 months to two years' experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification, or the equivalent knowledge, is strongly recommended, but is not required.
Lesson 1 - Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understanding Server Administration Concepts
- Understand Troubleshooting Methods
- Manage Licenses
- Understand Virtualisation Concepts
- Understand Cloud Concepts
- Understand On-Premises Versus Cloud Deployments
- Understand Physical Security Concepts
- Understand Network Security Concepts
- Understand Asset Management Concepts
- Manage Documentation
- Manage the Physical Server
- Administer the Server and Storage
- Troubleshoot Server Hardware
- Manage Storage
- Troubleshoot Storage
- Install an Operating System
- Configure Storage
- Configure Network Settings
- Use Scripts to Configure Servers
- Troubleshoot an OS and Applications
- Troubleshoot Network Configurations
- Understand Secure Administration Practices
- Manage Server Functions
- Configure Server Hardening
- Understand Data Security Concepts
- Manage Data Security
- Troubleshoot Data Security
- Manage Data Backup and Restore
- Manage High Availability
- Manage Disaster Recovery
- Decommission Servers