Developing Applications with Java and Maven
This course is aimed at programmers who are new to the Java programming language and want to develop applications using programming concepts key to every language. Those who take the course will gain a thorough understanding of the core concepts involved with Java programming and put these theoretical concepts into action via practical tutorials and problem solving-based exercises.
During this course, you will:
- Program and develop Java applications with the use of data types, conditionals, and iteration.
- Understand the importance of flow control within programming.
- Define and discuss the syntax required in the Java programming language.
- Implement object-oriented principles within an application.
- Create Java classes and objects with their own methods and properties.
- Manage errors via exception handling within a program.
- Gain an appreciation for functional programming and test-driven development.
- Work with packages and dependencies via Maven.
Whilst this course has no strict pre-requisites, it is recommended that you have an understanding of basic programming concepts.
- A basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Basic IT skills, including basic use of the command line.
- An Introduction to Java Programming
- Java’s Basic Syntax
- Control Flow
- Introduction to Objects
- Inheritance and Interfaces
- File, String, and Exception Handling
- Introduction to Functional Programming
- Streams in Java
- Java Packaging
- TDD and Unit Testing in Java
- Introduction to Modules
- Maven Packages and Goals