DO188 Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman
A developer introduction to building and managing containers with Podman for deploying applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) introduces students to building, running, and managing containers with Podman and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course helps students build the core skills for developing containerized applications through hands-on experience.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.6 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10.
Course content summary
- Introduction to containers
- Run containers with Podman
- Build custom container images
- Manage container images
- Remote debugging with containers
- Basic container networking
- Persist data with containers
- Run multi-container applications
- Troubleshoot Container Deployments
- Orchestrate containers with OpenShift and Kubernetes
Audience for this course
- Developers and Site Reliability Engineers that are new to container technology.
Prerequisites for this course
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting is recommended.
- Requires internet connection.
Outline for DO188 Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman
Introduction and overview of containers
Describe how containers facilitate application development.
Manage and run containers with Podman.
Navigate container registries to find and manage container images.
Custom container images
Build custom container images to containerize applications.
Build persistent databases.
Describe basic container networking and how to access containerized services.
Analyze container logs and configure a remote debugger.
Multi-container applications with compose
Run multi-container applications using Compose.
Container orchestration with Kubernetes and OpenShift
Orchestrate containerized applications with Kubernetes and OpenShift.