EX200 Red Hat Certified System Administrator – EXAM
The performance-based Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam (EX200) tests your knowledge in areas of system administration common across a wide range of environments and deployment scenarios. The skills tested in this exam are the foundation for system administration across all Red Hat® products.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator. If you choose to continue your learning journey beyond RHCSA®, the credential can also serve as a foundational step toward other certifications. You must be an RHCSA® to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®).
This exam is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 9.
Audience for this exam
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and II and are on the path to earn RHCSA certification
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization or based on a mandate (DOD 8570 directive)
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn RHCE certification
- An RHCE who is noncurrent or who is about to become noncurrent and wants to recertify as an RHCE
- DevOps professionals who wish to demonstrate their expertise with the fundamentals of container technology
Prerequisites for this exam
Candidates for this exam should:
Outline for EX200 Red Hat Certified System Administrator - EXAM
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
The Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam is a hands-on, practical exam that requires you to undertake real-world tasks. Internet access is not provided during the exam, and you will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. For most exams, the documentation that ships with the product is available during the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.