Fundamentals of Big Data
An introduction to Data Science and the mathematical models underpinning Big Data Technologies, including a deep introduction to working with a range of big data tools.
This 3-day course is designed for people evaluating what NoSQL technologies and solutions they should start using in their organisation. It is the first step in a professional Data Science journey.
On this course you're going to learn about different ways of modelling data. You are going to learn the difference between SQL and NoSQL solutions. You're going to understand the most common NoSQL solutions, including Hadoop, and how you can develop, code and programme using them.
For existing python developers and data analysts looking to up-skill into big data.
At the end of this course attendees will know:
- The Fundamentals of Data Science
- The different data models
- What is a NoSQL database
- The different types of NoSQL databases
- What is Hadoop
- What is Spark
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Speak the language of Data Scientist
- Use Python's native data bases
- Query NoSQL databases using Python APIs
- Perform big data analysis using Hadoop and Spark
- Prior experience with Python is required
- Experience working with data
- Introduction to Data Science
- Roles, Skills, Methods
- Asking and Answering Insight Questions
- Science in Business
- Python for Data Science
- Data Analytics & Statistical Inference
- Big Data with Neo4j
- Big Data with Hadoop
- Big Data with Spark
- Big Data with Mongo
- Analytics Case Study