Implement Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
Learn to deploy and manage your Citrix DaaS deployment on Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft’s public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services. You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment.
For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on the Azure platform. This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed Citrix DaaS sites.
Product Versions Covered: Citrix DaaS, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203 LTSR
- Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with Citrix DaaS.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
In order for you to be able to fully complete your labs it is required for learners to have a valid email account and a mobile phone on which you can install an authenticator app on in order to activate Multifactor Authentication. please note, you will not be asked to submit to QA your email address and your email address will be used for no other purpose than activation of the Multifactor Authentication.
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Please note: In order to access your courseware and labs you will need a device with a Multi-factor Authenticator app that supports Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP). Several are available including Citrix SSO, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix DaaS
CWS-250: Citrix DaaS Deployment and Administration
- Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Azure
- Planning a Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Planning Microsoft Azure Overview
- Planning Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Planning Providing Access to End Users
- Rolling out a Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Citrix DaaS workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Optimize Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure