Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2022
This five-day QA uthored course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2022, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2022. This course is also applicable to learners using Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019.
Target AudienceThis course is intended for IT professionals who have some experience working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single five-day course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2022, 2019 or 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2022, 2019 or 2016
- Prepare and install a Server Core installation, and plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Describe the various storage options, including partition table formats, basic and dynamic disks, file systems, virtual hard disks, and drive hardware, and explain how to manage disks and volumes.
- Describe enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation.
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V, and configure virtual machines.
- Deploy, configure, and manage containers.
- Describe the high availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server.
- Plan, create, and manage a failover cluster.
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and plan for an NLB implementation.
- Create and manage deployment images.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations.
- Plan and deploy Remote Desktop Services
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Module 1: Installation, Upgrading and Migration Describes the new features of Windows Server 2022, and explains how to prepare for and install Windows Server 2022, including Server Core. This module also describes how to plan a server upgrade and migration strategy, and explains how to perform a migration of server roles and workloads within and across domains. Finally, this module explains how to choose an activation model based on your environment characteristics. Module 2: Storage Services Explains how to manage disks and volumes in Windows Server 2022, different classifications of RAID and configuring Server Message Block (SMB). Module 3: Storage Migration and Software-Defined Storage Explains how to implement the storage migration services and cutover data to new servers without interruption. manage disks and volumes in Windows Server 2022. It also explains how to implement and manage Storage Spaces and how to implement Data Deduplication. This module also covers how to implement Storage Replica in Windows Server 2022. Module 4: Hyper-V Virtualisation Provides an overview of Hyper-V and virtualization. It explains how to install Hyper-V, and how to configure storage and networking on Hyper-V host servers. Additionally, it explains how to configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines. Module 5: Containers Provides an overview of containers in Windows Server 2022. Additionally, this module explains how to deploy Windows Server and Hyper-V containers. It also explains how to install, configure, and manage containers by using Docker. Module 6: Implementing Network Load Balancing Pprovides an overview of NLB and NLB clusters. It also explains how to plan and configure an NLB cluster implementation. Module 7: Windows Server 2022 Failover Clustering Explains how to plan for failover clustering. It also explains how to create, manage, and troubleshoot a failover cluster. Additionally, it explains how to implement high availability and stretch clustering for a site. Module 8: Remote Desktop Services Explains how to plan for Remote Desktop Services (RDS) deployment. It also explains how to implement Session-based and Virtual desktop-based sessions. It also explains the various RDS roles and how to create and manage features of RemoteApp Programs, RD Connection Broker, RDS Licensing, RD Gateway, RD Web Access. Module 9: Failover clustering with Hyper-V (Optional if time permits) Describes how Hyper-V integrates with failover clustering. It also explains how to implement Hyper-V virtual machines in failover clusters. Additionally, it describes the key features for virtual machines in a clustered environment. Module 10: Creating and Managing Deployments (Optional if time permits) Provides an overview of the Windows Server 2022 image deployment process. It details the requirements to install and configure Windows Deployment Services. It also explains how to create and manage deployment images by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows ADK and characteristics of High-Touch Installation (HTI), Lite-Touch Installation (LTI) and Zero-Touch Installation (ZTI). Exercises This course contains a total of 20 exercises.
- Exercise 1: Install and configure Windows Server 2022 Servers
- Exercise 2: Deploy Server Core and Features-On-Demand Tools
- Exercise 3: Configuring Storage
- Exercise 4: Configure SMB
- Exercise 5: Implement Storage Migration Service (SMS)
- Exercise 6: Implement Storage Spaces and Evaluate Data Deduplication
- Exercise 7: Implement Storage Replica
- Exercise 8: Installing and Configuring Hyper-V Host Server
- Exercise 9: Configure and Manage Virtual Machines
- Exercise 10: Installing and Configuring Containers
- Exercise 11: Implementing a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster
- Exercise 12: Configuring and managing the NLB cluster
- Exercise 13: Create a Failover Cluster
- Exercise 14: Verifying Quorum Settings and Adding A Node
- Exercise 15: Hyper-V Integration with Failover Clustering
- Exercise 16: Configure a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Exercise 17: Install and configure RD Session Host Server
- Exercise 18: Configure Settings for RemoteApp Programs
- Exercise 19: Configuring Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Exercise 20: Install and Configure Windows Deployment Services