The Foundation Level qualification course is aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers etc.
The Foundation Level course and qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to pass an exam certifying you as an ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level.
Most organisations require ISTQB® certification as a minimum skill requirement for software testers and therefore fundamental when applying for roles. In this course, you will use a standardised approach to software testing that will be immediately applicable to your projects.
In order to attain the certification you will be required to pass a 60-minute exam. Our trainers will fully prepare you by employing scenarios that mirror the exam questions in a mock exam session, and by focusing the three day course delivery with a balance of theory and practice.
Once you have completed the course and passed the exam you will be an ISTQB® Certified Tester - Foundation Level. You will then have the opportunity to extend your knowledge and certification as a Test Manager, Test Analyst and/or Technical Test Analyst.
Please see below for further details, including course learning objectives.
The ISTQB Foundation course ends with a voluntary examination that will be conducted at a later date via SSTB. The certification is not included in the course and must be booked separately at SSTB.
Please read the information on SSTB's page carefully for details about the examination!
The training material is in English
This ISTQB Testing course is suitable for all those working in projects with partners from the IT persons whose work requires software testing, or whose duties software test affected. Education is particularly suitable for mm. IT project managers, quality managers, testers and software developers.
No formal knowledge required. However, past experience in testing or development may make it easier to relate the course content to situations in the professional world.
ISTQB Foundation course content
Basics of testing
- Why testing is necessary
- Fundamental Test Process
- The psychology of testing
- Causes of software defects
- expected results
- prioritization of tests
Testing during the software life cycle
- Integration testing, software development models
- test levels
- unit testing
- Integration testing
- functional testing
- Non-functional testing
Testing through the life cycle
- systems integration
- approval Testing
- maintenance testing
- Inspections and testing process
- review types
- static analysis
Test Design Techniques
- Introduction to dynamic testing techniques
- Black Box Techniques
- Glass Box Techniques
- Due to experience of testing techniques
- Assessment, monitoring and control testing
- Risks and testing
- Incident management
Testing tool support
- Computer aided testing tool types
- Tool selection and implementation of the organization
Summary of the ISTQB Foundation Certificate training
ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- ”I did enjoy the training very much, I will recommend it to people who need it, and some day I hope I can have the honor to share my knowledge as a trainer as well :)”
- ”Bästa kursen jag gått inom test. Tack! :-)”
- ”Absolutely fantastic course. Assignments were maybe tad too hard for the time given, but also hitting the time limit was good preparation for the exam. Good discussion about different kind of techniques and strategies for the exam were given, too.”