ITIL® 4 Practitioner: Service Desk
This module focuses on providing the candidates with the understanding of the key concepts, principles, value and challenges of the Service Desk Practice. It is intended to provide candidates with best practice guidance at both strategic and operational levels on how to capture demand for incident resolution and service requests. The Service Desk Practice should also be the entry point and single point of contact for the service provider for all users.
Service Desk practitioner is for IT professionals who want to capture demand for incident resolution and service requests. It should also be the entry point and single point of contact for the service provider for all users.
ITIL® 4 Practitioner Service Desk enables professionals to efficiently
- Define the key concepts, principles, value and challenges of Service Desk
- Capture demand for incident resolution and service requests
- Establish and maintain communication channels and interfaces between the service provider and users
- Enable effective, efficient, and convenient communications between the service provider and its users
- Apply Service Desk metrics to improve performance
- Measure, assess and develop the Service Desk practice capability in their organisation by using the ITIL® Maturity Model.
The ITIL® 4 Practitioner Service Desk Course covers
The key concepts of the practice
- Explain the purpose of the practice
- Describe the practice success factors (PSF)& key metrics of the practice
- Explain the key terms/concepts
- Incident and its main characteristics
- Incident model
- Request catalogue
The processes of the practice
- Describe inputs and outputs of the processes
- Describe the key activities of the processes
- Know how to integrate the practice in the organization’s value streams
The roles and competencies of the practice
- Describe the responsibilities of the key roles of the practice
- Know how to position the practice in the organizational structure
- How information and technology support and enable the practice
Explain the tools application
- Know how to apply the recommendations on automation
The role of partners and suppliers in the practice
- Explain the dependencies of the practice on third parties
- Explain how partners and suppliers can support the practice
How the ITIL capability model can be used to develop the practice
- Explain how capability criteria support the practice capability development
The recommendations for the practice success
- Understand the recommendations for Incident management success and how they are supported by the ITIL® guiding principles
Certification voucher is included in this course. The certification lasts 30 minutes and has 20 questions. You need 13 correst answers to pass the test. The voucher is valid for one year. .
Course documentation included in the course price.
Acknowledgements. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Accredited ITIL® 4 training is provided by Olingo, accredited by Peoplecert.