Microsoft PowerPoint Essentials
Microsoft PowerPoint provides a wealth of tools to help you deliver content in almost any situation. By taking advantage of the tools that PowerPoint has to offer you will be able to create presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don’t take up all your time to create.
By the end of the course, you will be able to organise your content, create presentations quickly and with minimum fuss, enhance them with high impact visuals, and deliver dynamic presentations.
- Understand the PowerPoint interface and common terminology
- Create basic presentations using text, bullet points and speaker notes
- Incorporate graphical elements such as images and shapes
- Work with tables and charts
- Setup and run slide shows and use PowerPoint’s Presenters View and rehearsal tools
Delegates do not need to have any experience of using PowerPoint, but experience of working in Microsoft Word would be beneficial.
Attendees must be comfortable opening, closing and saving files, and be able to navigate through files and folders. Delegates should also be familiar with the cut, copy and paste commands.
This course is suitable for anyone using PowerPoint 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 or 365. If you’re attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on PowerPoint 2019.
Module 1: Getting started with PowerPoint
- The PowerPoint environment
- PowerPoint terminology
- Viewing modes
Module 2: Creating a basic presentation
- Working with slides
- Using bullets
- Speaker notes
- Managing slides
Module 3: Working with images
- Inserting images
- Controlling and manipulating images
- Adjusting pictures
- Formatting pictures
Module 4: Working with shapes and objects
- Drawing tools
- Formatting shapes
- Managing objects
Module 5: Tables and charts
- Working with tables
- Presenting data using charts
Module 6: Presenting a slide show
- Running a slide show
- Controlling the slide show
- Slide handouts