OnCommand Insight: Intelligent Operation
In this course you will become familiar with some of the most important features of OnCommand Insight relevant to the day-to-day management, monitoring, and trouble-shooting of data infrastructures. ;
As this course concentrates on those features of OnCommand Insight that aid in daily administrative tasks, those interested in the features of OnCommand Insight related more toward Business Reporting, or IT Department Integration, should look to the course offerings specific to those topics.
This course consists of six modules. ; The first five take the student through a common storage administration issue and the features of ; OnCommand Insight useful to resolving that issue. ; By learning how to resolve these specific administration problems, it is hoped the student should come away with a basic understanding of how to extend to this feature set of OnCommand Insight to other issues.
A sixth and concluding module concentrates on the how to add new assets to an OnCommand Insight monitored infrastructure.
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Create near-time visual representations of data infrastructure components
- Create Storage Area Network infrastructure policies and alerts
- Create data infrastructure performance policies and alerts
- Troubleshoot performance issues within a data infrastructure
- Associate compute components with applications for application infrastructure performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- Integrate new assets into an OnCommand Insight environment