Oracle Database: SQL Workshop
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
Benefits to YouEnsure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Learn Advanced Features of SQLThis course will help you understand the advanced features of SQL. Learning these features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL through expert instruction.
Use Development ToolsThe main development tool used in this training is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g, 11g and 12c audience.
Course BundleNote: This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Workshop I and Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II courses.
- Systems Administrator
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 12c
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Retrieve row and column data from tables
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) in Oracle Database 12c
- Create tables to store data
- Utilize views to display data
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Employ SQL functions to retrieve customized data
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
- Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Managing Tables using DML statements
- Creating Sequences, Synonyms, Indexes
- Retrieving Data by Using Subqueries
- Manipulating Data
- Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
- Introduction to Data Definition Language
- Creating Views
- Manipulating Data by Using Subqueries
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones
- Restricting and Sorting Data
- Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Using the SET Operators
- Introduction to Data Dictionary Views
- Managing Schema Objects
- Controlling User Access