Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's leading provider of reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing services. The goal of this intensive, practical 4-day training is to familiarize you with the core AWS services and equip you with enough knowledge so you can choose, create, configure and maintain AWS infrastructure for your own projects.
Who's This For
Developers, Software Architects, Technical Project Managers, System Administrators
What's Inside Practical AWS
- Introduction to AWS
- Introduction to CloudFormation and CDK: infrastructure-as-code, project organization, coding tips and tricks
- Compute primitives: Lambda vs EC2 vs ECS vs EKS vs Fargate vs Lightsail
- Networking primitives: virtual private clouds (VPC), subnets, gateways, security groups, load balancers
- Talking to the outside world: CloudFront, S3, API Gateway, Route53, ALB
- Integrated monitoring: CloudWatch, alerts, metrics, insights
- Data storage management: S3, EFS, RDS, DynamoDB
- Events and streams: SQS, SNS, Kineses, SES
- Security: KMS, SSM, S3/EBS encryption, CloudTrail
- IAM: users, roles, policies, profiles
- Deployment services: CodeDeploy, CodeStar, CodeBuild, SSM
- We take a use case (that is close to what attendees do in their workplace) and implement it with the help of AWS. We split the group into 2-3 teams.
- Depending on the use case complexity each team can fully implement it or we can split it into several chunks with each team will be working on their own part and integrate in the end of the day.
What You Get
- Unique content - real-life use cases, modern infrastructure, CI/CD/GitOps principles shown in practice.
- Certificate of attendance - you will get a shareable online certificate.
- Exam after the course - you may pass an optional 1-hour exam and get your score printed on the certificate.
- Workshop happens online - join from the convenience of your office or home.
- Video recordings will be available after the course - you can revisit some topics later.
- Live and interactive - you can ask questions in the chat or over audio and get live clarifications.
- Q&A session in the end of each day - you will to get answers to more complex questions in a 1-hour long Q&A session.
- Quizzes and polls during the course - learning should be fun!
- Practical exercises with solutions - lots of simple and not-so-simple tasks to practice with during the course; Solutions will be provided afterwards.
- Additional home work - for those who want to practice more after the course; Homework will be reviewed and supplemented by constructive feedback.
- Lifetime e-mail support - you can get answers on anything related to the course content as well as advice based on your company specific situation.