PRINCE2 (R) Agile Foundation and Practitioner Certificates in Agile Project Management
This five-day course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 Agile® guidance. During the course we introduce the PRINCE2 methodology and concepts of common agile ways of working, discuss the purpose and context for blending PRINCE2 and the agile way of working, evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context, fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context, and be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 for a project in an agile context.
All relevant course materials are provided, including the official publication PRINCE2 Agile.
- Understand the concepts of common agile ways of working.
- Understand the purpose and context for combing PRINCE2 and the agile way of working.
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context.
- Be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context.
- Be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 themes, processes and management products for a project in an agile context.
- To prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner exams.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course, but learners would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here: www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
PRINCE2 Agile is suitable for anyone who delivers projects, large or small, in an agile context. It is a valuable training and certification scheme for anyone working within an agile project environment, whether they're a project manager, project support or part of the wider project team.
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation and Practitioner is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment, including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
It is a must-have certification for both project managers and non-project management professionals to deliver value to their employers and enhance their careers.
The PRINCE2 Agile foundation and practitioner course uses a combination of theory, discussion and practical exercises to ensure delegates feel confident in the application of the concepts. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately 2.5 hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following learning outcomes:
Understand common agile ways of working
- Explain the differences between projects and BAU (Business as Usual)
- Describe agile and its common approaches, how and why agile approaches have developed and where they are used
- Describe the history of agile, its contrast to the waterfall way of working and how the agile manifesto fits in
- Describe the different levels of agile maturity and well-known agile frameworks
- Describe behaviours, concepts and techniques that characterise agile
- Define the PRINCE2 Agile view of 'agile'
- Describe Kanban, the Kanban method and its six general practices, including the use of Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFDs)
- Describe the core concepts of Lean start-up
- Describe the use of workshops
- Describe how to transition to agile
- Define Scrum theory and explain the nature of the Scrum team, Scrum events, Scrum artefacts and Sprints
Understand the purpose and context for blending PRINCE2 and the agile ways of working
- Describe the complementary strengths of PRINCE2 and the agile ways of working
- Define who can benefit from using PRINCE2 Agile and in what contexts/situation
- Define the make-up of PRINCE2 Agile (frameworks, behaviours, concepts, techniques, focus areas)
- Explain the eight 'guidance points'
- Explain how PRINCE2 controls and governance can enable agile to be used in many environments
- Describe what a typical PRINCE2 'project journey' looks like in an agile context
- Be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context
Be able to tailor PRINCE2 for a project in an agile context
- Describe in detail the 5 PRINCE2 Agile behaviours (Transparency, Collaboration, Rich Communication, Self-Organization, Exploration)
- Explain that agile needs to be incorporated in all seven PRINCE2 processes and all seven themes but at the amount appropriate to each will vary depending on the project context
- Explain how to adjust roles, including the use of specialist roles, and the options for team organization in a project
- Describe common feedback loops and their importance
- Describe progress monitoring techniques including use of Work in Progress boards, burn charts, information radiators
- Describe in detail agile techniques that may apply to each PRINCE2 process including Cynefin
- Describe the use of retrospectives and how to make them effective
- Give guidance on behaviours, risks and the frequency of releases
- Describe how to tailor PRINCE2 products, including Work Packages, Highlight Reports and Checkpoint Reports
- Describe in detail agile techniques that may apply to each PRINCE2 theme including requirements, defining value and user stories
- Describe guidance on the use of contracts
- Describe PRINCE2 Agile delivery roles
PRINCE2 Agile Examination - key information
- Objective testing
- One-hour multiple-choice paper
- 50 questions with a pass mark of 56%
- Closed book exam
- 2.5 hour exam
- Open book (PRINCE2 Agile book only)
- Objective Testing Exam
- 50 questions totalling 50 marks (1 mark per question)
- Pass mark is 60% (30 correct answers)
Throughout the PRINCE2 Agile course, you will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that you are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
PRINCE2 Agile® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.