PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture.
This PRINCE2 Practitioner course provides a definitive overview of the latest version of PRINCE2, the 6th Edition. We cover its four integrated components – the principles, themes, processes and project environment. We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA’s Performance Based Learning approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The PRINCE2 Practitioner course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
- Demonstrate that you can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project.
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles.
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project.
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
Managing Successful Projects in PRINCE2 manual
In addition to the pre-requisites cited below, delegates attending this course must have available the latest Managing Successful Projects in PRINCE2 book (or ebook) in their vital source account.
You must provide evidence that you satisfy the prerequisite of holding the 2009 or 2017 version of the PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner qualification or one of the other suitable certifications listed on the AXELOS website (for example, PMI, CAPM and PMP or an IPMA Level A-D qualification).
Acceptable forms of evidence are as follow:
- A copy of your examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate)
Delegates without satisfactory evidence will NOT be permitted to sit the exam. For any queries on this, please email email@example.com.
- You will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, which will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements that are required to access QA's video-based learning.
- The benefits of pre-course reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, you are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature, eg a driving licence, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.Course material Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
After a short recap of PRINCE2, the PRINCE2 Practitioner course addresses how the method might be applied and tailored to a real-life project. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned, which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
PRINCE2 Practitioner Overview
The structure of the method and the guide will be revisited before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Examination details: PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
PeopleCert exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring, and the afternoon of the last day of your course will continue with your learning until approximately 4.00pm. When booking your exam please ensure that it is for a time after the course has concluded and at a time convenient for you. You will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a compatibility test prior to sitting the exam.
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Questions (OTQ): 68 (scenario based)
- Pass mark: 55%
- Use of textbook: Yes
- Timing: End of Day 3
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.