ProxySG 6.7 Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
The ProxySG 6.7 Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course provides a structured approach to diagnosing and solving common troubleshooting issues related to ProxySG deployments.
The course will emphasize handson experience, with extensive opportunities to build competency in the use of the powerful diagnostic tools available on the ProxySG.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your diagnostic skills in a working environment.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the troubleshooting methodology as recommended by Symantec.
• Diagnose and solve a variety of access and performance issues using tools such as sysinfo files, packet captures, and policy traces.
Module 1: ProxySG Secure Web Gateway- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Overview
• Brief review of the ProxySG-based Secure Web Gateway solution
• Overview of common issues related to internal resources, external dependencies, SSL interception, and policy efficiency
Module 2: Exploring Sysinfo Files
• Description of how to generate sysinfo files and what information they contain
• Using sysinfo files as a key tool in diagnosing troubleshooting issues
Module 3: Troubleshooting Issues Related to Authentication
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to authentication, focusing on IWA direct and IWA BCAAA realms.
• Includes issues related to surrogate credentials and Schannel congestion
Module 4: Troubleshooting Issues Related to DNS
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to DNS lookups
• Includes both forward and reverse DNS lookups, and DNS imputing
Module 5: Troubleshooting SSL Interception Issues
• Methods for diagnosing and solving issues related to SSL interception
• Includes connection and performance issues
Module 6: Troubleshooting Performance Issues Related to Policy Efficiency
• Methods for optimizing performance through tips for creating more efficient policies