RH134 Red Hat System Administration II
Build the skills to perform the key tasks needed to become a full-time Linux administrator
Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) serves as the second part of the RHCSA training track for IT professionals who have taken Red Hat System Administration I (RH124). The course goes deeper into core Linux system administration skills in storage configuration and management, installation and deployment of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, management of security features such as SELinux, control of recurring system tasks, management of the boot process and troubleshooting, basic system tuning, and command-line automation and productivity. .
Experienced Linux administrators looking for rapid preparation for the RHCSA certification should instead start with RHCSA Rapid Track (RH199).
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.0.
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using scalable methods
- Access security files, file systems, and networks
- Execute shell scripting and automation techniques
- Manage storage devices, logical volumes, and file systems
- Manage security and system access
- Control the boot process and system services
- Run containers
Audience for this course
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
- Successful completion of Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is recommended.
- Experienced Linux administrators seeking to accelerate their path toward becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator should start with the RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199).
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
Outline of RH134 Red Hat System Administration II
Improve command line productivity
Run commands more efficiently by using advanced features of the Bash shell, shell scripts, and various utilities provided by Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Schedule future tasks
Schedule commands to run in the future, either one time or on a repeating schedule.
Tune system performance
Improve system performance by setting tuning parameters and adjusting scheduling priority of processes.
Manage SELinux security
Protect and manage the security of a server by using SELinux.
Manage logical volumes
Create and manage logical volumes containing file systems and swap spaces from the command line.
Access network-attached storage
Use the NFS protocol to administer network-attached storage.
Control the boot process
Manage the boot process to control services offered and to troubleshoot and repair problems.
Manage network security
Control network connections to services using the system firewall and SELinux rules.
Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux on servers and virtual machines.
Obtain, run, and manage simple, lightweight services as containers on a single Red Hat Enterprise Linux server.