RH199 RHCSA Rapid Track Course
This course combines Red Hat System Administration I and II at a rapid pace. The RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199) relates to Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®7 and is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration.
The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) at an accelerated pace.
Audience for this course
Students for this class should have 1-3 years of full time Linux administration experience
On completion of course materials, students should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
Note: This course builds on a student's existing understanding of command-line based Linux system administration. Students should be able to execute common commands using the shell, work with common command options, and access man pages for help. Students lacking this knowledge are strongly encouraged to take Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) and II (RH134) instead.
Recommended for this course
Students attending this course should have basic experience with the following, with minimal dependence on documentation:
- Linux (some of the course may be review)
- The bash shell, including job control (&, fg, bg, jobs), shell expansion (command, tilde, globbing, brace, protection from expansion), I/O redirection, and pipes
- IPv4 networking addressing and routing concepts, TCP/UDP, and ports
- Navigation of the GNOME 3 interface
- Editing text files from the command line with vim or other available programs
- Finding information in man pages and info nodes
- The concept of file permissions
- Interactive installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Per-user 'at' and 'cron' jobs
- Use of archival utilities such as 'tar', 'zip', and compression utilities
- Absolute and relative paths
- Finding files with 'find' and 'locate'
Confirmation of the correct skill-set knowledge can be obtained by passing the
Outline of RHCSA Rapid Track Course
- Managing users and groups, files, and file permissions
- Updating software packages with yum
- Managing and troubleshooting systemd services during the boot process
- Network configuration and basic troubleshooting
- Managing local storage and creating and using file systems
- Firewall management with firewalld
- Managing kernel-based virtual machines (KVMs)
- Automating installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
- Outline for this course
Accessing the command line
Log in to a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Managing files from the command line
Work with files from the bash shell prompt.
Managing local Linux users and groups
Manage Linux users and groups and administer local password policies.
Controlling access to files with Linux file system permissions
Set access permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Managing SELinux security
Use SELinux to manage access to files and interpret and troubleshoot SELinux security effects.
Monitoring and managing Linux processes
Monitor and control processes running on the system.
Installing and updating software packages
Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Controlling services and daemons
Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
Managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux networking
Configure basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Analyzing and storing logs
Locate and interpret relevant system log files for troubleshooting purposes.
Managing storage and file systems
Create and use disk partitions, logical volumes, file systems, and swap spaces.
Scheduling system tasks
Schedule recurring system tasks using cron and systemd timer units.
Mounting network file systems
Mount network file system (NFS) exports and server message block (SMB) shares from network file servers.
Limiting network communication with firewalld
Configure a basic local firewall.
Virtualization and kickstart
Manage KVMs and install them with Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart.
Utbildningen levereras i samarbete med