SAFe Agile Product Management
In SAFe®, product managers play a key role in the trio of leaders that includes architects and the Release Train Engineer. All of these people work together to lead the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) in continuously delivering value.
In the Agile Product Management course, you’ll explore how to use design thinking to put your customers at the center and create products that are desirable, feasible, and sustainable. You’ll discover how continuous exploration fuels innovation. You’ll get the guidance and tools you need to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. And you’ll explore how to define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to satisfy existing customers and attract new ones.
By the end of this course, you will know:
- How to create innovation in the value stream.
- How to use design thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable products.
- How to use product strategy to set clarity and direction for the ART.
- How to develop and evolve short-term roadmaps that result in long-term value.
Learners are required to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts.
- For those new to working in SAFe, we recommend completing the SAFe ® Product Owner/Product Manager course
- Existing knowledge or experience of working in a SAFe® Product environment – ideally as a Product Manager – would be advantageous, but not essential
- Complete the e-learning on Agile basics through the SAFe® community platform – this will be made available in the week running up to your course
QA’s virtual courses are delivered using the collaboration tool Miro – so all learners must ensure they have access to this prior to the course starting. An account will not be required to access, and a link will be shared by the trainer on the course starting.
During this three-day course, you will explore the SAFe® Product Manager and Solution Manager competency, maximizing the use of Design Thinking in a SAFe® context to influence roadmaps and product strategic direction.
The experience is supported by a simulated case study, which is used to bring theoretical practices to life and support you in practicing the skills you need to become a professional Product or Solution Manager.
You will learn in a collaborative environment, supported by one of QA’s Agile & SAFe® expert coaches and trainers.
Throughout the course, you will explore the following topics:
- Analysing your role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously exploring markets and users
- Driving strategy with market segmentation
- Using empathy to drive design
- Defining product strategy and vision
- Creating roadmaps to build solutions
- Delivering value
- Creating innovation in the Value Stream
- Practicing SAFe®
- Exam name: SAFe® 5.1 Agile Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Agile Product Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 45 out of 60 (75% passing score)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Agile Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe® 5 Agile Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Agile Product Manager
- A SAFe® Agile Product Manager certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe® journey