SAFe Lean Portfolio Management
Create a culture of innovation, flexibility, and speed where all people in the portfolio can effectively execute as one, unified team.
In this two-day course, you will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
You will have the opportunity to capture the current and future state of the portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state.
You’ll be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit.
The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of LPM
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
- Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
There are around 3 hours of mostly video-led learning – supported by additional reading – that will be accessed through SAFe studio. An account will need to be set up for this, but all instructions and support will be provided. This will be sent to all learners approximately 1 week prior to the course start date.
- Learners are required to have a familiarity with Agile concepts and principles.
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function.
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
What attendees get
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM) 6.0 certification exam
- One-year membership to SAFe Studio
- One certification exam attempt
Attendees must attend both days of the course to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name: LPM (6.0) - SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager
- Exam format: Multiple choice
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within SAFe Studio upon completion of the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score: 77%
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
- Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- A SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager 6.0 digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership, which includes access to the SAFe Studio platform.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey