SAFe (R) Product Owner and Product Manager
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 5.1 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
This course is designed for Product Owners and Product Managers that will be working inside of SAFe (but is more focussed on Product Ownership than Management). Ideally, course participants will be planning to attend their first PI planning event.
Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
Please note that, in the event of cancellation within 1 week of the course start date, that £120 of the course fee is non-refundable as this is the cost to register each learner for the SAFe site for the exam.