Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master
Scrum is a simple framework that empowers people to higher performance and allows organisations to maximise value to customers and return on investment, where management take a less directive and a more leadership-based role, supporting small multi-disciplined teams and removing anything that stands in their way. It uses frequent inspection points to implement change based on experience and feedback.
Because Scrum is simple, it requires a different way of thinking when compared to traditional project management. It also requires the application of a key set of principles to guide the implementation of Scrum to realize its benefits in complex environments.
This interactive Certified ScrumMaster class is a great course for anybody who is new to Scrum or applying it within their organisation and covers in-depth the full Scrum Framework, Scrum practices, roles, artefacts and the values and principles that underpin it. The course also covers many agile practices that support Scrum including User Stories and relative estimation as well as examining strategies for scrum masters to coach the product owner, development team and the rest of the organisation.
The course builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to understand Scrum in depth so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or Scrum team member.
This is a Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster course; on successful completion of the 2-day course you eligible for the Scrum Alliance’s Online CSM assessment (Online, 50 multiple choice questions, pass mark 37 out of 50, 60-minute time limit).
Once the test has been successfully completed, you will then become a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master® (CSM) and have a two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance.
Please note that this is a certified course which requires 6 hours training time per day. This means a 9:00am start and a 5pm finish each day, with 1.5 hours for breaks.
Delegates must attend for this time to be eligible for certification. The trainer reserves the right to not register delegates for the Scrum Alliance if they do not attend the training for the full 12 hours.
Post attendance the trainer will register the delegates for the exam (registration fees are included in course price). Delegates will then receive an email from the Scrum Alliance with a link to the CSM online exam.
Attendees on the course will receive:
- Highly interactive training from a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, using a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion in order to provide a rich learning environment and maximise attendee participation.
- Digital reference materials and links to additional articles that will assist continuing the learning journey.
- Scrum Alliance 2-year membership on successful completion of an examination
- Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of an examination
- 14 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs) can be claimed for this course.
The Scrum Guide
- Why Scrum?
- Empirical Process Control Theory
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Principles
- Product Owner
- Development Team
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Product Backlog Refinement
- The Sprint
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Definition of Done
- Potentially Releasable Product Increment
- Agile Facilitation
- Agile Coaching
- Product Owner