Software Testing using Azure Test Plans
This course is only delivered as costumer specific training with a group of persons from the same company!
This two day course is designed for testers who need to gain a solid practical knowledge of testing applications using Azure DevOps Test Plans.
This course is designed for team members that perform the role of Tester within their team in either a full time or part time capacity. The course would also be beneficial for developers looking to increase their knowledge of testing.
Attendees should be familiar with testing theory and practises
Course Content of Software Testing using Azure Test Plans
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the testing capabilities of the Azure DevOps product suite
- Create and manage test plans and test suites
- Manage test configurations and assign non-default configurations to test cases
- Create high quality, maintainable test cases
- Execute tests using both the web-based test runner and Azure Test Runner
- Create actionable, high quality bug reports
- Verify resolved bugs and manage the bug lifecycle
- Conduct exploratory testing using the Test & Feedback extension
- Manage test plans over multiple iterations and releases
- Create a dashboard to show test status and progress
- Report on test results and testing progress
The course focuses on the use of the web-based Azure Test Plans, and teaches you how to design test plans that include test cases, test suites, and test configurations.
Best practices are also discussed, including how you can use shared parameters and shared steps to reduce maintenance overhead.
We will examine how the web-based Test & Feedback extension improves productivity by allowing you to spend more time finding issues, and less time filing them.
Attendees will learn how testers and developers can work more closely together to reduce the time it takes to find and fix software defects.
Testers will learn how to manage their test plans over multiple iterations and how cloning and copying between test plans can save time and effort.
The course also looks at how you can add, edit, and execute tests using the Kanban board.
Finally we’ll examine creating a test/QA dashboard to illustrate progress.
This course includes hands-on labs to reinforce practical skills and ensure you’re ready to use the tools upon your return to the workplace.