TAP Certificate in Learning Needs Analysis
This course offers a structured approach to identifying learning needs to ensure the most appropriate intervention is designed. Accurately recognising learning and the business needs enables solutions to address performance gaps between what a target group currently knows or does and what the organisation requires it to know or do.
The course will work through the ten-step TAP Learning Needs Analysis Process, building upon the preliminary discussion with the sponsor requesting the learning through to making recommendations for a learning solution.
This course is designed for anyone who is required to undertake a learning needs analysis of organisational and learners’ needs as a part of their role.
Participants will be able to plan the analysis of your project following the ten-step TAP Learning Needs Analysis Process using the templates to guide you.
During the course, participants will plan a learning needs analysis for a work-based project. Achievement will by the verification of submitted templates mapped to the ten-step TAP Learning Needs Analysis Process.
After the course, participants will provide documented evidence of how they have applied their learning to their work.
Part 1: Getting started (pre-requisites)
Before the workshop, there is an important pre-course preparation document, which will be marked as a milestone within QA’s online platform. The participants will have to:
- read the learning log and establish their goals for the course.
- agree upon a work-based learning project with their line manager to work on and after the course.
- complete the Scoping template for agreed learning project.
Part two: Two-day workshop
- Introduction to the analysis process
- Scope the project
- Plan for evaluation
- Write project aim
- Gather information
- Analyse the content
- Write outcomes
- Select delivery options
- Analyse environments
- Estimate costs
- Make recommendations
Part three: Applying the learning at work
- Participants will have up to two months to further develop their skills, knowledge and behaviours within the areas learnt.
- They will document their actions using a template we provide giving them the opportunity to reflect, plan and discuss next steps with their managers/organisations.
Obtaining a digital badge
Once the following has been undertaken, a digital badge will be awarded:
- Completion of the learning within the course.
- Application of the learning in the workplace within two months of the course.
- Evidence of reflection and action planning within the learning log.
- Declaration of implementation of actions signed by them and line manager and submitted.
If nine or more days of TAP Training have been completed and digital badges have been awarded, a TAP Excellence badge can be claimed by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org