The C# Programming Language Total Learning
QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world-class industry experts, we focus on ensuring you can apply your learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. What's more, our digital platform gives you the tools to track your progress and manage your own learning.
This course is suitable for those looking to start a journey in Microsoft-based programming with C#, one of the industry’s most popular programming languages.
In this Total Learning course, you will learn everything you need to know to be able to develop fully functional C# applications, whilst also appreciating supporting concepts around development, such as source control and best practice.
In summary, this course is for IT professionals with an understanding of the fundamental principles of programming and some industry experience of writing and manipulating simple applications. It will also be a good fit for professionals who have ample experience in an OOP-based programming language, such as Java or Python, who are looking to upskill with a new programming language.
We will support you in using your new skills within relevant workplace projects. This will ensure that your new knowledge, skills, and behaviours are embedded in your everyday setting. By completing this course, you will receive formal validation of your real work experience!
- write code that includes sequence, selection, and iteration constructs.
- create and use classes and structures (types), including fields, properties, methods, delegates, and events.
- use private, internal, protected, and public visibility modifiers.
- use exception handling to create robust applications.
- create derived classes that inherit from custom-written or .NET classes.
- create interfaces and apply techniques of polymorphism effectively and appropriately.
- work with generic types.
- leverage the power of C# features.
- use delegates.
- understand the event handling paradigm.
- use lambda expressions in C# code.
- use LINQ (Language Integrated Query).
- understand their resource management obligations.
Learners must understand the fundamentals of programming in order to attend this course. Learners can achieve the required level of knowledge by attending QA’s ‘Programming Foundations’ (QAPROGFOU) course.
This Total Learning course consists of three key stages, all explained during a 1-hour virtual kick off session, which includes a Q&A session:
- Digital stage - up to 20 hours completed over a minimum of 4 weeks
- Live event – 3 days
- Apply stage – up to 15 hours over a 3-month period
- Module 1: Getting started
- Module 2: Coding Algorithms
- Module 3: LINQ and Lambda
- Module 4: Using classes for data objects
- Module 5: Using classes to model business entities
- Module 6: Making code more robust
- Working with data and files
- Working with databases
- Connecting to other systems
- Using high-level application frameworks for productivity
- Extending the scope of testing
- Creating a C#-based application in the workplace
- Implement OOP, testing, and coding best practices into the process of app development
- Begin to understand how to factor in source control practices in development